[mythtv-users] Gentoo and ivtv - HELP!!!

David Latka d_latka at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 22:30:58 EST 2003

I put into my /etc/devfsd.conf:

	REGISTER       ^v4l/video0$ CFUNCTION GLOBAL mksymlink v4l/video0 video

This creates link file: /dev/video -> v4l/video

So I changed the line to:

	REGISTER       ^v4l/video0$ CFUNCTION GLOBAL mksymlink v4l/video0 video0

But once again, when I reboot, a directory '/dev/video0' is created instead
of a link file.

In order to get mythbackend to run, I must manually 'rmdir /dev/video0'
Then either 'mknod /dev/video0 c 81 0' or 'ln -s 4vl/video0 /dev/video0'.

I'm REALLY getting frustrated that I cannot solve this problem and I've
completely run out of ideas.

BTW, I already had the following in the file '/etc/modules.d/itvt'

	alias char-major-81 videodev
	alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
	options ivtv ivtv_debug=1
	options tuner type=2
	options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
	add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner

And 'ivtv' is in the file /etc/modules.autoload

Thanks for your help,
Dave