[mythtv-users] MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms docs

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 15 20:32:55 EST 2003

Quite a few announcements here (from both Axel and me):

1. MythTV and all modules upgraded to version 0.13 on ATrpms, all
apt-get installable. However, only Fedora Core and Red Hat Linux 9
packages are upgraded to 0.13, because RH8.0 and 7.3 require
back-porting of qt 3.1 -- PATCHES WELCOME!!!

2. MythBrowser is now included

3. ivtv drivers upgraded to use the tarball put together by Robert
Kulagowski. Both PVR-x50 and M179 cards are suppported (I'm running both
now myself). However, the RH7.3 driver was not updated, due to required
C98 extraction patches -- again, PATCHES WELCOMED!!!

4. A little note on PlanetCCRMA kernels -- one might forcibly get
installed by apt-get dist-upgrade. Don't worry about it, just don't use
it, it won't hurt you. Efforts are underway to correct this, and/or
merge the ATrpms and PlanetCCRMA kernel efforts.

5. MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms doc:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/

New location, because I want more flexibility (and I've got a good chunk
of spare bandwidth at a colo facility now :). Look for some pictures,
downloadable config files, additional nuggets of knowledge, etc. in the
near future...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...