[mythtv-users] XBox TVOut Quality

Wayne Hogue w_hogue at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 17:57:21 EST 2003

>On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 09:29:07AM -0800, wishbone at h4b.org wrote:
> > Hmmm if you're picky then it will most likely drive you crazy.. =)  It's
>not a
> > myth issue though, it's a XFree86/xbox issue.  I think there are some
>solutions
> > out there, but it hasn't bothered me enough to really put effort into
>fixing
> > it.  Check out the usual xbox linux sites for info on that..
>
>OK, will do.  So far, I see a mention of "nvtv" use.  I will further
>investigate.  In the meantime, can someone in MythLand assure me that
>it's possible to get OverScan working (i.e., Has anyone gotten it to
>work for them)?  If it _is_ possible, then I am fairly confident I will
>be able to get it going.  Thanks!

It is the xbox video that needs adjusting.  Need to use xbv and adjust the
overscan for your TV.  On my box a value of 9 completely fills the screen.

As for the DVD add on.  Its the remote.  Under linux you can play DVDs w/o
it.  But it works so well with Myth, you will certainly want to get one.

FYI, you can get a refurbed unit from EBay for $118.99 the guy has a few 100
of em and its a buy now option.  You can also get the remote for about $10
from ebay.  they retail for $30.  So thats abother good deal.   All in all,
for $150 (with the shipping) you can has an excelent Media Player that
supports MythTV and looks good sitting with the other AV equipment.

-Wayne