[mythtv-users] CLE266, lddmpeg: revisited.

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 13:31:30 EST 2003

I tend to think that you can pick up a progressive scan dvd player for under a $100.  The real grunt work for htpc's has to be recorded and even more so, live tv.  They are basically the same right.  Both are recorded.  One to a file, one to a buffer.  The hardware acceleration / decoding is extremely important.

Stuart

Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net> wrote:
On December 15, 2003 06:13 am, Jelle Kalf wrote:
> Ehm,
>
> Stuart, you don't want to try mythtv with an EPIA without hw decoding...
> It'll go stuttering if you try to run an MPEG2 at 720x576 @ 6000 . QT is
> leaning too heavy on the processor to make it all go fluently.
>
> the M10000 is strong enough however when you play back with mplayer or
> xine. Those 2 players are very optimized and have no trouble running mpeg2
> at full pal resolution.

I agree, my M10kN is capable of fluidly playing a high quality DVD in
software, now, I've build 0.13 with ddmpeg support, so I'll see how it works
with hardware mpeg decoding.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net