[mythtv-users] Green screen

Jeff Siddall news at thesiddalls.net
Mon Dec 15 12:57:07 EST 2003

I'm getting a static green screen (usually thin vertical green bars
intermixed with cyan bars) on my VIA EPIA C3 800 frontend system on all
video (live TV or prerecorded).

I've seen the discussion about DB migration issues in 0.13, but this was
happening even in 0.12.  When I first installed the frontend machine, I
could watch prerecorded video, but the sound was too fast.  Turned out
to be my Extigy USB sound card, which seems to have a fixed sample rate
of 48 kHz.

Even with 0.12 I noticed some problems watching live tv (partial green
screen like others had reported, blue tinted OSD etc.  So, I installed a
SBLive 5.1 card and upgraded the frontend only (not the backend) to 0.13
and a newer kernel.  Ever since then I've only been able to get a static
green screen on the frontend system, with no video on any portion of the
screen.  Sound is fine now for both live and prerecorded video.

I then upgraded the backend to 0.13 with no change in behavior on the
frontend.  I've had no problem watching live or prerecorded video on the
backend sytstem in either 0.12 or 0.13.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff