[mythtv-users] Live TV ("Waited 2 seconds...") freeze does not occur when using mpeg4

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 11:54:26 EST 2003

Playing with settings, I found that my Athlon 1.0GHz
box
uses less CPU doing live TV with mpeg4 (480x480, all
else
set to defaults) than it does with mjpeg.

I also found that the "Waited 2 seconds..." live TV
freeze
that I'd had both on my main box and on Knoppmyth v4
playing from my main backend no longer happened.

Could this freeze problem be a problem with the mjpeg
libs?
I thought they were part of libavformat and therefore
should
work the same for everyone, not distribution-dependent
but
It sounds like everyone with this *specific* problem
(live
TV only, backend runs fine, frontend spits out "Waited
2
seconds..." message repeatedly) might be running
Mandrake.