[mythtv-users] dvd with ivtv works but not from myth

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Dec 15 09:55:57 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 14:43, mythfsck.ch at socket.ch wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:34:21PM +0100, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
> > >
> > >   ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha
> > >
> > MythVideo doesn't know about this setting. You'll have to include the
> > ivtvfbctl command into your video playing command (I'd rather recommend
> > a script in that case). Works fine here. What did you use for audio
> > delay?
>
> OK, i can do that. Can you exit from mplayer, once you have started it
> from within Myth? I have no way to stop mplayer. When I kill it from a
> console and undo the ivtvfb settings by issuing
>
> ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -globalalpha -nolocalalpha
>
> I get garbled MythTV screen. It is still operating however. Only a reboot
> can fix this. Or reloading the modules, but I did not succeed in finding
> a sequence that works. Some modules cannot be unloaded anyway, as it seems.
>
> I did not look into audio delay so far.
>
> thx, t.

This is my script. I use Lirc to control mplayer. You can also use the
keyboard to control it. 'q' will quit mplayer, then the second ivtvfbctl
will set back to mythtv.

myth:~# cat /usr/local/bin/playdvd
#!/bin/bash

. /hda2/track

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -localalpha

mplayer -lircconf /home/mythtv/.lircrc -framedrop $track -vo
ivtv:/dev/video16 -ao alsa9:iec958 -ac hwac3

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -nolocalalpha

Torsten
--
Config files for PVR350 TV-Out: