[mythtv-users] window managers

Dave Pippenger riven at particle-man.com
Mon Dec 15 00:08:31 EST 2003

After having some varied problems using twm and getting tired of dealing
with them I decided to hunt down a smaller wm. I ran across wm2 which is
about as light as you can get. No fancy iconization or kill menu like with
twm (also no tacky cyan/greenish window dessing). It basically provides
exactly what Myth needs to be happy and maintain focus. Here is a random
page that describes some of the features (or lack of features) that wm2
provides.

http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/wm2/

It's *very* small and *very* lightweight and I will most definitely be
using it on my xbox frontend after I repair my fried bios :)

P.S. For all of you gentoo users wm2 is in portage ;)

P.P.S. I searched the list and turned up no mention of wm2 previously, but
if this is a repeat I appologize.

Dave Pippenger                         Systems Engineer
Affinity Internet Inc.