[mythtv-users] Jarod's guide- ivtv, QMYSQL3 driver not loaded, mythtvuser cannot run setup

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Dec 14 17:48:37 EST 2003

On Dec 14, 2003, at 09:09, Michael Starks wrote:

>> Problem #2: Mythbackend no longer starts--same error.
>> This was working and I don't know what I did to make it stop, but it
>> has to
>> be related to the mythtv user problem since it is the same error
>> message.
>
>>> Hm... Did some permissions somewhere get changed (to root-only rwx,
>>> or
>>> something)?... I'm at a loss on this one. Is your mysql daemon
>>> running?
>>> (/sbin/service mysqld status)
>
> Thanks for the response.  I didn't consider this before, but one of the
> things that has been done to this system is the application of the
> bastille-linux script.  I chose to set the default umask to 077, among
> other
> things.

Ah, that would definitely cause problems...

> I ran the revert script, rebooted and still have the problem.

Huh. So perhaps it didn't fully revert...

> Is there some kind of fixperms script or something for a myth install?

Not that I'm aware of.

> I did an apt-get remove mythtv-suite and apt-get install mythtv-suite.
>  I'm not
> sure if this would have the same effect.

Did that actually uninstall all the sub-packages, or just the
mythtv-suite package? You may not have removed enough.

Anyhow, it sounds like the problem might actually be with qt-MySQL. You
might try removing and reinstalling that also.

> Oh, and yes, MySQLd is running.

Okay, good, just checking. ;)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE