[mythtv-users] Gentoo and ivtv - HELP!!!

David Latka d_latka at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 02:36:19 EST 2003

It worked :-) YEA!!...but doesn't work :-( .

I followed the http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=71263&highlight=ivtv post and got ivtv to work.  But it stops working after I reboot.  I followed some other posts and have everything autoloading.  But, mythbackend fails with the error "/dev/video0: Is a directory".  I checked the permission flags 'ls -l /dev' and sure enough the permissions are [drw-r--r--].  If I 'rmdir /dev/video0' then 'mknod /dev/video0  c  81  0', the permissions change to [crw-r--r--] and mythbackend runs fine.  However a re-boot turns /dev/video0 back into a directory.

Does anyone have any hints?