[mythtv-users] Playback: Stuttering and Slow Down ( SOLVED )

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 23:35:23 EST 2003

Hi,

There are three different threads in the archives
discussing this problem.  The only solution I've seen
to date are to add a SoundBlaster card.

Problem: when watching a recorded video,  after 5 - 10
minutes, the video seems to slow down and the audio
stutters.  Kind of like a buzzing sound.  People have
reported this with MythTV 0.12 and 0.13 with both
rjpeg and mpeg4 recordings.  You could save your
place,
exit out, and return to the same place that exhibited
the problem and it would play fine.  Five to ten
minutes later, it was back.

In my case,  I replaced the latest Alsa Drivers
( alsa-driver-1.0.0rc1 ) with an older version,
alsa-driver-0.9.2, along with the alsa-lib, and
alsa-utils.

Hopefully, this will help others if they encounter
this problem.

Thanks,

Mike