[mythtv-users] OT: Framebuffer / rivafb

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 16:49:45 EST 2003

All i know is for the Via Cle266 FB support that get's loaded as a module.  Direct FB support though is enable in the kernel, along with the Trident FB driver.  Go figure and I can't say if that applies to the riva.  This probably doesn't help.

Stuart

Steve <wilton at hal.humberc.on.ca> wrote:
On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 19:17, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> I'm about ready to pull my hair out!
>
> Can someone point me to some documentation for using the rivafb module?
> I can't track down any info on how to properly enable the thing. I'm
> downloading 2.4.24 to see if it has some updated docs or anything.
>
> All I want to do is muck aorund with directfb but right now I can't get
> a framebuffer working propely.

I don't know anything about the rivafb module, but in general you have
to specify video=rivafb(or whatever) as a kernel boot parameter. How you
do that depends on which loader you are using.

For lilo, add "video=rivafb" (<-- I assume) to the append line for your
kernel and re-run lilo.

Steve