[mythtv-users] Want to re-record Recorded but deleted shows...

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 08:12:43 EST 2003

On Friday 12 December 2003 23:21, hayward at slothmud.org wrote:

> I recorded several shows and later deleted them while I was playing around
> with my recording settings.  Now I want to make sure the previously
> recorded and deleted shows will actually be recorded the next time they
> come up.  It appears as if they are being skipped because the "record
> duplicates" thing is not selected.
>
> See, I don't want to record duplicates - I just want to record the shows
> that have already been recorded but deleted.

Ummm, that's what a duplicate is.  A 'duplicate' in Myth refers to a program
with the same title, subtitle & description that has been recorded at some
point in the past, but has been deleted.  'Duplicate' does not refer to the
same program that is still in your list of available recordings (i.e. hasn't
been deleted).  Turn on the 'record duplicates' option, and Myth will record
the shows without regard to whether they've ever been recorded in the past.
When you've got the shows you want, you can turn the option off if you like.

-JAC