[mythtv-users] x-box as a frontend?

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Sat Dec 13 07:14:20 EST 2003

Nathan Goff wrote:

> Is the xbox-myth version going to go to mythtv .12 or .13 anytime soon?
>  Also, am I forced to do the hardware changes to my xbox if I just
> purchased it?  Meaning are there any other software hacks to avoid
> installing the mod chip that work on a newer xbox?  It is still being
> shipped, so I don't know about the date of manufacture, but I assume it
> will be within the last couple of months.
>
> Nathan Goff

Hi Nathan,

The release 0.3 has Myth 0.11 in it. To use 0.12, download the tar from
my website and replace the myth_progfs that came with release 0.3 with
the version from the 0.12 tar.

I am working on 0.13 support and should have it out this weekend. The
upgrade process is identical.

To find the age of your xbox, examine the serial number and then go to
one of the online databases like http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php.

Dennis