[mythtv-users] Hardware Selection

Dale Weber linuxgeek at thedynaplex.net
Sat Dec 13 03:21:26 EST 2003

On Friday 12 December 2003 11:39 pm, Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. wrote:
> p> Motherboard:
> p> Asus A7N8X-DX: $114
>
> p> Hard Drive:
> p> 200GB SATA: $164
>
>         I have not been able to reliably use the on-board SATA
> controller of my A7N8X for the MythTV storage disk (random segfaults
> and system hangs while recording).  I'd suggest using a regular IDE
> drive for now.

	I've never really ever been too impressed with the ASUS boards, and I favor
A-Bit with MSI as second place.

	I'm probably going to build my MythBox around an A-Bit AN7, since it can take
the fastest current Athlon XP 3200+ CPU, and build a server out of this
current box (older A-Bit KR7A-RAID board), then build a new
Windows/Linux/FreeBSD user box around the A-Bit KD7-G board I have here using
an Athlon XP 2600+ CPU.

	Yes, I am definitely pro AMD. :D  Although, I do plan to build a fast Pentium
4 based box at some point in time.

	I need to find a nice low profile black windowed case for the new MythBox.
Otherwise I'll build it into a medium tower black Xoxide case.  I'd prefer
that it fit in with the rest of my home entertainment system components
though.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.org
We support Open Source 100% with Linux and FreeBSD!