[mythtv-users] Record defaulting to PAL vice NTSC

matt matthew at imisssleep.com
Fri Dec 12 18:58:08 EST 2003

I've been running myth since this past summer and it's been working great
until now.

I upgraded to 0.13 from 0.12 yesterday and now when I attempt to record it
defaults to PAL. The reason I say it's set to PAL is because when I open up
xawtv after a recording attempt xawtv says the card is set to PAL.

If I open xawtv, set to NTSC, then close it, run backend & frontend, and
then view live tv it works fine (i.e. is set to NTSC). This really baffles
me.

Specs:
Mandrake 9.1
Abit BH7 Motherboard
Celeron 2.0 Ghz
Hauppauge WinTV Go
MythTV(0.13)
XMLTV(0.5.25)

Here are some things I have tried with no effect:

-re-running setup (clearing all cards and channels) with and without vbi
enabled; then running mythfilldatabase
-changing back and forth between viewing RTJPEG and MPEG4 recording codecs
-resetting recording profiles
-running backend & frontend as root (in case of permissions issue)
-deleting the DB and starting from scratch (oops... forgot to backup my
recorded table)

I'm really at a lost since, in my mind, recording and watching live tv are
both essentially doing the same thing (recording) and should behave the
same.

What am I mising?

Matt