[mythtv-users] Distributed Myth

Joel Anderson myth at jobless.ca
Fri Dec 12 16:09:22 EST 2003

Not sure what distro you're on, but you might want to use one of the example
config files for mysql.  On my RH/FC system I use
/usr/share/mysql/my-medium.cnf, and cat or copy/paste a few lines from the
original that are not in the example.

Also, you can try using '%' for the hostname when you do your grant, then
any host can connect.  You can tighten this up later if you want/need it
more secure, after you get it working.  Oh, and don't forget to 'flush
privileges' after granting them.

HTH!

Regards,
Joel Anderson