[mythtv-users] Distributed Myth

Steve wilton at hal.humberc.on.ca
Fri Dec 12 14:59:54 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 14:32, Dale Weber wrote:
> On Friday 12 December 2003 09:31 am, Pete Stapley wrote:
> > You need to grant permissions on the database so it can be accessed from a
> > different machine, something like:
> >
> > grant select, insert, delete, update on mythconverg.* to mythtv@<otherip>
> > identified by 'mythtv';
>
> 	Here is what I am getting when I try starting mythbackend now:

> Unable to connect to database!
> Driver error was [1/2003]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
> Database error was:
> Can't connect to MySQL server on 'db.home.thedynaplex.net' (111)
>
> couldn't open db
>
> 	I'm looking at my mysql configuration now.  This is all with mythtv 0.12,
> since I haven't upgraded yet.
>
> 	8-Dale

Can you do from command line on machine with mythbackend

$mysql -h db.home.thedynaplex.net -u mythtv -p mythconverg
Enter password: mythtv

(or whatever your user and pass are)

if it doesn't work, you need to fix perms on database.
if it does, check mysql.txt for correct DBHostName, DBUserName,
DBPassword and DBName

Steve