[mythtv-users] can't change channels :(

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Fri Dec 12 00:52:31 EST 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Thursday 11 December 2003 10:19 pm, James Colannino wrote:
>

>>Hey everyone.  Forgive me if this has been asked before.  I've seen lots
>>of people asking this question while googling around, but none quite
>>match my problem.  On my remote, the channel up and down buttons just
>>land me back on the same channel.  I've tried changing the channel via
>>the menu, and that doesn't work either.  Entering numbers will display
>>them, but then they will disappear without doing anything at all.  Does
>>anyone know why this is happening?  mythfilldatabase worked perfectly.
>>I can use mythtvsetup to tell it to start on a certain channel, and
>>doing that will change it to that channel when myth starts up, but
>>that's the only way I can change the channel.  Does anyone know why this
>>is happening?  This is frustrating me very much :(
>>

>There is an error message in your mythbackend log file, or console you ran it
>from.
>
>Isaac

I know, I posted that in my second email.  Just in case anyone deleted
it thinking it was a duplicate message, here is the previous message
along with the output of mythbackend:
------------------------
As an update, here is the output from mythbackend when I try to use the
channel up or channel down buttons:

Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Channel: ' ' was not found in the database. (this isn't a typo - ' ' was
empty)
Most likely the default channel set for this input
(1 tuner 0)
is setup wrong
Couldn't find any channels in the database, please make sure your inputs
are associated properly with your cards.

I ran mythfilldatabase as the mythtv user and it exited successfully.  I
don't know what's wrong

James