[mythtv-users] can't change channels :(

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Thu Dec 11 22:35:24 EST 2003

James Colannino wrote:

> Hey everyone.  Forgive me if this has been asked before.  I've seen
> lots of people asking this question while googling around, but none
> quite match my problem.  On my remote, the channel up and down buttons
> just land me back on the same channel.  I've tried changing the
> channel via the menu, and that doesn't work either.  Entering numbers
> will display them, but then they will disappear without doing anything
> at all.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  mythfilldatabase
> worked perfectly.  I can use mythtvsetup to tell it to start on a
> certain channel, and doing that will change it to that channel when
> myth starts up, but that's the only way I can change the channel.
> Does anyone know why this is happening?  This is frustrating me very
> much :(

As an update, here is the output from mythbackend when I try to use the
channel up or channel down buttons:

Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Channel: ' ' was not found in the database. (this isn't a typo - ' ' was
empty)
Most likely the default channel set for this input
(1 tuner 0)
is setup wrong
Couldn't find any channels in the database, please make sure your inputs
are associated properly with your cards.

I ran mythfilldatabase as the mythtv user and it exited successfully.  I
don't know what's wrong :(

James