[mythtv-users] Re:Re:Re:Any updates to allow cutting commercials

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Dec 11 22:30:45 EST 2003

> I wonder how easy it would be to have an option to have the commercial flags
> loaded into the cutlist automatically after mythcommflag (either externally
> or internally) has completed flagging the commercials?
>
> I'm no programmer, but if someone pointed me to the files that have the code
> that creates the commercial flags and the place where the flags are loaded
> into the cutlist, maybe I can figure it out... Even if it only did it for
> the external mythcommflag program that would be ok too.
>
> -Andy.

Might be easier/better to just have a flag to nuvexport to use the commercial
flagged list/marks instead of the cutlist.  If commercial flagging goes wonky
on a show and you have the commercial flags copied into the cutlist
automatically, then you wouldn't be able to play that file very well since
the cutlist is skipped automatically but you can turn on/off commercial
auto-skip.  You'd have to edit the cutlist in order to be able to play
the file if the commercials flags were off.

--

Chris