[mythtv-users] Fedora with Jarod's instructions?

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Thu Dec 11 16:22:07 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca wrote:

> Im building a new box, and since RH is dying to make way for Fedora I was
> going to use this.

Works for me - my new myth box runs fedora, although I compiled a new
kernel to make it work better (vanilla 2.4.23 kernel with the lowlatency
and preempt patch - makes a huge difference to the performance).

I'm still having some minor problems, but I don't think that's
distribution related (every so often the playback freezes and then plays
at about 1 frame per second for about 5 frames before returning to normal.
No idea what's causing it because the CPU usage drops right off during the
problem so it isn't being starved of CPU time.  If anyone has an answer
I'd welcome it.)

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/

        *** Presented in DoubleVision (Where Drunk) - Futurama ***