[mythtv-users] [OT] time problems!

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 11:39:11 EST 2003

Sorry for the OT post, but as folks here are concerned with keeping
their PC clocks correct for Myth, I thought someone might know...

I've been running a RH8 Myth box for over a year now, using the default
RH8 ntpd setup.  Up to now there have been no problems.  Then, just in
the past week, I've twice missed the beginning of a show because my
clock was suddenly 10 minutes slow!  The first time I noticed was on
12/8.  I ran '/etc/init.d/ntpd restart' and all was fine.  Last night
(12/10) my clock was again 10 minutes slow!  Not sure what to do, I
just restarted ntpd again.  The time seems OK now, but I'm worried that
it will drift again.

Any thoughts?  I suppose any replies should be off-list.

TIA,
JAC