[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users_Digest,_Vol_11,_Issue_48

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 11:33:07 EST 2003

From: Mike Smith <easygreenus at yahoo.com>

Just tried you latest nuvexport and I still have the
same problem.  Same speed up ratio.  Does this have
the resampling code for VCD that jcaputo mentioned?

When nuvexport completed,  it had the  following
messages:

INFO:     NOTE: The resulting file may not play back
correctly.
INFO:     Try reducing the video bitrate or increasing
the video and
INFO:     audio startup delays.
INFO:   Finished multiplexing Paris4.mpg
*** Multiplexing: 100% - 103824 of 103824  A/V units.
(100)%

Thanks for using nuvexport!

Also,  when I used mplayer to watch it on my computer,
it played fine.  mplayer had the following message
which makes me think it wasn't resampled:

Checking audio filter chain for 32000Hz/2ch/16bit ->
32000Hz/2ch/16bit...
AF_pre: af format: 2 bps, 2 ch, 32000 hz, little
endian signed int
AF_pre: 32000Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
AO: [oss] 32000Hz 2ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian) (2
bps)
Building audio filter chain for 32000Hz/2ch/16bit ->
32000Hz/2ch/16bit...
Starting playback...

=======================

Here's my best guess as to what's going on.
You are recording at 32kHz and are using
toolame to convert to mp2 audio.  VCD requires
44.1kHz.  toolame doesn't resample like it needs
to.  The solution would be to either use
mp2enc instead (since it does resample to 44.1kHz)
or resample to 44.1kHz before running toolame or
record at 44.1kHz.

As for myself, I use mp2enc.

-Dennis