[mythtv-users] Transcoding...

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Thu Dec 11 10:42:51 EST 2003

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a repeat q - but been searching through the archives,
and cannot make head nor tail of the responses there.

I yesterday installed a PVR250 in my mythtv box (running 0.12) - very
happy with the output, but am still playing.

I hear it said that I can reduce the size of the output files by
transcoding to MPEG4 after recording has completed, and herein lies my
issue - I don't think I am understanding how to setup the transcoder.

There doesn't seem to be much info in the docs either - can someone
explain how to setup a simple transcoder please?

Thanks,

Richie