[mythtv-users] Digital Cable Box, MythTV, and Serial Cables OhMy!

Warren Pattison wjp3 at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 11 10:08:00 EST 2003

Donald,

Many thanks for your reply!

I went ahead and config'ed like you mentioned:  Comp4 OUT of Cable Box to Comp0 IN on the PVR Card.  And I specified the channel change script in the Input section.

When I go to watch TV, there's no snow!  But there's no picture, either.  It flickered like it had life when switching to TV, but no joy.

Now I've got two questions:  I have Vid Inputs for Comp0-4 - which is 5 choices.  Why Comp4?  And, does the serial/DB9 cable have to be plugged in and working for this setup to produce a picture?  I'm not entirely sure that my data cable setup is 100% correct, so I'm willing to give up on channel changing at the moment - I just want to get a picture from the Cable Box with the Composite cables.

I hope this makes sense, and again, thanks for your help!

Warren Pattison
wjp3 at wjp3.com

"In a world of compromise, some don't."