[mythtv-users] Need for a real forum?

Robert Atkinson phreaki at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 10 20:28:16 EST 2003

I too, got tired of many things with my pop3 boxes:

1. Spam (and too many $$ options to get rid of it), spamnet is great,
but I refuse to pay for it)
2. Webmail for my hotmail, was horrible when I tried to delete the waves
of spam.
3. Yahoo, see above.
4. Constant viruses and trojan horses, and most antivirus always seemed
to screw up pop3 in some way.

So I simply grabbed a copy of two tools to make the webmail pop3
accessible, wrote a fetchmail config,
threw in imapd, razor, spamassasin, made it all go into postfix. Now i'm
in heaven, I can check my mail from anywhere
since the box is on a public ip, don't have to run antivirus on any of
the reader machines, spam is at a all time low.

All of that on a $25  Dell ppro200 running freebsd- less than any 'real'
package would have cost me.

And is the ipmap fast? Sure is when you tunnel it through SSH with
compression turned on, and it never matters
what client I use, I don't have to ever worry about re-importing mail
ever again when a machine dies.