[mythtv-users] Channels and digital cable box integration?

Jim mythtv at lecter.org
Wed Dec 10 19:52:09 EST 2003

Hello all,

Well, here is a trickle from Slashdot. :-)

After reading over the MythTV.org website, I have one concern.

Can any of the available tuner/capture cards integrate with a digital cable
box? By that, I mean change the cable box's channel. I have an old RePlayTV
unit, and it can change the cable box through an Infrared blaster or a
serial connection. Is that type of functionality available for MythTV
setups?

My RePlayTV is showing its age, and I am going to upgrade, and the Slashdot
article got me interested in MythTV. However, I don't want to lose the
numerous cable channels that are encoded (which is why the digital cable box
is necessary).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Best,

Jim