[mythtv-users] how can I setup an LCD to display backend status?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 17:43:18 EST 2003

I'm going to be building my own LCD's and I was wondering if there is a script or how would I go about making a script that can display backend information such as tuner status. The current setup through mythfrontend only displays the menus as you move through them in the EPG, which is pretty useless to me. I would like it to display the status [idle] [recording] maybe per tuner or just local backend, as i'm setting up slaves. As well as as if it is recording the show info would be nice. I realize that http://backendip:6544/ gives all this information, but it would be great to have that sumarized information available on an LCD screen. Any help would be appreciated...just point me in the direction, i'm clueless as to where to begin ie where to get this information from and where to write it to for the lcdpanel