[mythtv-users] Need for a real forum?

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Wed Dec 10 14:56:47 EST 2003

Graham Siener wrote:

> Hello,
> I've been a myth user for about 4 months now, and I'm very satisfied
> and impressed with MythTV.  Lately I've been trying to delve deeper by
> using MythMusic and MythGame, etc.  I know that a mailing list was the
> decided form of communication, but would anyone else out there prefer
> a real online forum?

I've watch many a project dry up and die when they moved to forums
instead of mailing lists.  Some few people like them better but unless
everything that is posted in the forums is also in a subscribed list
busy people don't have time to go find the information.

With a descent email program like mozilla, a few filters, and threaded
views turned on there is no comparison.