[mythtv-users] RE:Sanity check for PVR-250 to DVD+R

Couvrette, Jeffrey C. JEFFREY.C.COUVRETTE at saic.com
Wed Dec 10 13:31:18 EST 2003

I can't comment on all your settings, but my recommendation is that you
encode at 352x480 if you're bitrate is only going to be 3500.  That way you
have more information per pixel than if you were to double the number of
pixels using 720x480.  If you want to use 720x480, I would suggest using a
higher bitrate.

Also, as far as I am aware, if you want to do everything in Linux and make
DVD+R's that are playable in standalone DVD players, you will have to
re-encode.  I follow the process shown in:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=92621