[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA Motherboards

Øyvind Repvik mythtv at repvik.org
Wed Dec 10 09:59:47 EST 2003

Douglas Bates said:
>>From several postings on this list I have become interested in
> building a system based on the VIA EPIA motherboards.  At
> essencompu.com there are listings for both the VIA EPIA M10000 and the
> VIA EPIA M-10000 Nehemiah ($151) and the VIA EPIA M-10000 LVDS01
> Nehemiah ($209).  What's the difference between these?  I couldn't
> spot anything in looking at the specs.
>
> Can anyone offer recommendations of places to buy VIA EPIA
> motherboards?

IIRC, The Via EPIA M10000 is the 1GHz with the old CPU core (Thus a tad
slower)
The Via EPIA M10000 Nehemia has got the newer CPU Core (Recommended :)
The Via EPIA M10000 LVDS01 probably has the LVDS connector (For connecting
LVDS style displays, I belive. But I'm not that much into the LVDS-stuff)
I thought the LVDS ones weren't released to the "general public" though..

I can't recommend any places to buy if you're in the USA though... I'm in
Europe :)

Anyways, you can ask for help @ http://epia.repvik.org/ too. MythTV on
Epia forum :)

Øyvind