[mythtv-users] MythGame Fullscreen?

Clint Silvester clint at focuscompanies.com
Tue Dec 9 19:44:05 EST 2003

kirk wrote:

>I finally have my MythTV box setup and working great...  I was just
>wondering how to get MythGame to start ROMs fullscreen?  My setup
>(Fedora Core 1):
>xmame 0.77.1 RPM
>mythtv-suite (0.12) from ATrpms
>
>I can launch ROMs command line "xmame.x11 -x11 3 XXXXXX.zip" and it'll
>play XXXXXX fullscreen.  However, when I launch ROMs from MythGame, it
>windows them in the upper left corner (and very tiny windows!).  I've
>tried defining "/usr/bin/xmame.x11 -x11 3" for MythTV->Setup->Game
>Settings->General Settings->MAME binary location but it still windows
>the ROM.
>
>Do I need to install an older version of xmame?  I've seen that there
>are frontends that aren't compatible with newer versions of xmame (i.e.
>GXmame).  Or is there an "options/parameters/settings" file I can edit?
>I haven't seen that much about MythGame on the list so I thought I'd
>inquire.
>
>Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate.  Great job everybody who's
>involved w/ developing MythTV!

Yeah, I don't think anyone cares about mythgame for some reason.  I had
to make a script file that just calls the real xmame.x11 and add the
-x11 3 to it.  Then tell myth to run the script.  I have way too much in
it, though.  I don't even know what those do anymore, but that's all i
have in it and just set it to executable.  I think you'd be fine with
xmame.x11 -x11 3 ${@} by itself.

/usr/games/bin/xmame.x11 ${@} -joytype 1 -joydevname /dev/js -x11 3 -c
-skip_disclaimer -skip_gameinfo -as -dp alsa -sf 44000 -cheat_file
/Storage/Games/xmame-stuff/cheats/cheat.dat -gm

Clint Silvester