[mythtv-users] AverMedia Card

Andrew Hogue hogue at cs.yorku.ca
Tue Dec 9 19:47:32 EST 2003

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried downloading the firmware you said you
used... well I couldn't find a link on the Hauppauge website so I tried
downloading differently named firmware files that had 203010 in the
filename.

> >>Just for reference, I tested this using encoder firmware v2.03.010 on
> >>a P2-400 system running Redhat 9 and ivtv CVS as of Nov 11, 2003.

I was able to download: pvr250_15_203010.exe from the site, which I'm
guessing is the same version that you were using?

Well, I couldn't use ivtvfwextract.pl on it, I get this error message:

[root at localhost utils]# ./ivtvfwextract.pl ./pvr250_15_20310.exe

./ivtvfwextract.pl: Can't open /tmp/ivtvex.4574/hcwpvrp2.sys: No such file
or directory

Could you provide a link to the appropriate firmware that you used for
your Avermedia card?

Thanks,

-- Andrew