[mythtv-users] No sound from Mythvideo when using alsa

James Nikolich jn-mythtv at compeuphoria.com
Tue Dec 9 15:09:57 EST 2003

Hey, Paul;

Actually, I'm using straight-up 2-channel analog sound, not digital.  So far
I've been too lazy to pull apart my entertainment centre in order to get to the
wiring in behind, so I haven't snaked any new cables yet... (sigh)

But to try to answer your question:  The problem you describe seems similar to
what I saw a lot of other people also reporting.  From what I gather it is not
caused by MythTV/MythVideo, nor mplayer... nor even ALSA, I think.  Rather it's
some goofiness in the chipset itself.

Try reading through this thread -- it might provide some helpful advice:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/notes-full.php3 .

Let me know if it helps!

Jim

Quoting Paul: