[mythtv-users] Nuvexport - VCD Audio and Video TOO Fast

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Dec 9 11:33:22 EST 2003

> I saw an earlier post about a similiar problem
> creating
> an SVCD.  The response the poster received was that
> nuvexport is creating an XSVCD ( user defined SVCD )
> and
> he should try changing the --format option from 5 to
> 4 ( -f 4 ).  This is an option on the mpeg2enc
> command.

-f 5 creates a standard SVCD if the parameters are correct.  It just
happens to also allow nonstandard values.  Not sure why it got set as
this instead of 4, but all of the svcd's I've made are standard (my
player won't play xsvcd - I think it doesn't work with -f 4 and VBR).
I'll play with it at -f 4 and see if it works, though.

> The other option offered was to resample the audio.
> nuvexport does not support this and, since the audio
> and video are in sync,  I don't understand how this
> would fix the problem.

standalone players are VERY VERY picky about audio sample rates.  SVCD
*must* be 44.1kHz unless you move into xsvcd land.  Not sure about VCD,
but I'm pretty sure it'll be a similar case.

I have code laying around somewhere to integrate audio sample rate
conversion, but it's lost somewhere in my inbox along with a number of
mythweb patches - all of which I'll hopefully get to in the next few
days.

-Chris