[mythtv-users] Nuvexport - VCD Audio and Video TOO Fast

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 11:15:27 EST 2003

Hi,

I used nuvexport to create a VCD compatible mpg file
which I fed into vcdimager and cdrdao to create a VCD
to play in my Sony DVD player.  Everything seemed to
work fine,  but when I play it on my DVD player,  the
audio and video are moving too fast.  They stay in
sync,
but the voices are sounding a little like the
chipmonks.
The video isn't noticably faster, but the audio is
obvious.

I saw an earlier post about a similiar problem
creating
an SVCD.  The response the poster received was that
nuvexport is creating an XSVCD ( user defined SVCD )
and
he should try changing the --format option from 5 to
4 ( -f 4 ).  This is an option on the mpeg2enc
command.
I checked the command for VCD creation and it is using
the --format 1 option, which is a standard VCD.

The other option offered was to resample the audio.
nuvexport does not support this and, since the audio
and video are in sync,  I don't understand how this
would fix the problem.

Thanks,

Mike