[mythtv-users] First stab at mythtv...

Michael Janer michael at janernet.com
Tue Dec 9 00:12:43 EST 2003

I am saying processor power.  The raw CPU speed I have read in numerous reviews compares it to PII/III systems in the sub 1ghz level.  Now if you have an hardware mpeg2 encoder and are taking advantage of the hardware decoding capabilities, then playback and recording is quite possible.  He is talking about mpeg4 which at this point is all on the processor.  Thats all I was trying to point out, that his EPIA would not be able to handle it.  Decoding, yes, but not coupled with encoding.
Honer