[mythtv-users] Newest RH9 version?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 8 23:52:59 EST 2003

On Dec 3, 2003, at 02:45, Tako Schotanus wrote:

> Won't that prevent you from using the via cle266 drivers for hardware
> decoding?
> They are released specifically for the stoch RH9 kernel aren't they?

Yes, but he didn't mention an EPIA system. He asked what the latest Red
Hat kernel anyone was using was. Oh, and note that there are actually
*two different* stock Red Hat kernels. If you bought a boxed set, the
stock kernel is 2.4.20-6, which had a major bug in it (that prevented
it from working w/VIA processors at all), while the download version
has 2.4.20-8 for its stock kernel. Now I'm debating if my next revision
MythTV box will be Fedora Core or RHEL (no, I'm not paying for it, I
rebuilt the entire thing from srpms)... ;p

It'd be nice if someone at VIA would get off their keister and release
updated drivers for a slightly newer kernel. The 2.4.20-8 kernel is
several revisions (and security patches) behind now... I'd like to see
a driver for the latest Fedora kernel myself. Especially since I have
an EPIA M-1000 system sitting on my desk with Fedora installed and
ready for play...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...