[mythtv-users] Brightness and an Audio Question

Jason Hunt jhunt at akula.org
Mon Dec 8 23:21:39 EST 2003

Greets,

Wow.  What fun.  I have finished everything!  Every single MythTV module
working, liveTV, recordings, watching recordings, changing channels of the
satellite receiver (via serial cable with sony.pl) all working on my PVR-350
using the Halloween drivers.

What a fun project.  OK, two questions.  Is there anyway to change the
brightness of mythfrontend while it is being displayed on the TV screen?  TV
shows appear in EXCELLENT quality, but the frontend is rather dull in
brightness.  Any input on this would be great.

Second question.  I have a box that I bought from Radio Shack, with multiple
audio/svideo connections (4 to be exact), so I can watch mythtv, TV, DVD,
and video recorder -- all the audio going out to my Klipsch speakers.
However, with the mythmusic module I need to actually use my sound card --
PVR-350 usually handles everything else.  I have the audio connections to a
separate connector on the box that I bought from radio shack, but I have to
go up to it and switch to that input to heard the audio -- which leaves a
black screen with music.  Is there some type of "connector" I can use to the
play the music while viewing the output of mythmusic on the TV screen?

Basically I guess I am looking for some type of little audio splitter device
just for that purpose.  Any help would be appreciated, especially the
brightness issue.

Thanks peeps.