[mythtv-users] MythGame Fullscreen?

kirk andersonkirk2 at insightbb.com
Mon Dec 8 23:18:24 EST 2003

I finally have my MythTV box setup and working great...  I was just
wondering how to get MythGame to start ROMs fullscreen?  My setup
(Fedora Core 1):
xmame 0.77.1 RPM
mythtv-suite (0.12) from ATrpms

I can launch ROMs command line "xmame.x11 -x11 3 XXXXXX.zip" and it'll
play XXXXXX fullscreen.  However, when I launch ROMs from MythGame, it
windows them in the upper left corner (and very tiny windows!).  I've
tried defining "/usr/bin/xmame.x11 -x11 3" for MythTV->Setup->Game
Settings->General Settings->MAME binary location but it still windows
the ROM.

Do I need to install an older version of xmame?  I've seen that there
are frontends that aren't compatible with newer versions of xmame (i.e.
GXmame).  Or is there an "options/parameters/settings" file I can edit?
I haven't seen that much about MythGame on the list so I thought I'd
inquire.

Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate.  Great job everybody who's
involved w/ developing MythTV!

Kirk