[mythtv-users] No sound from Mythvideo when using alsa

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 22:29:43 EST 2003

I couldn't get the sound to sync right in Mythvideo,
so I decided to give alsa a shot. After reviewing
Jarod's documentation, I tried the following command
line using alsa9. Now, I have no sound. BTW, I'm
running a Chaintech mb w/audigy2 PCI card. SPDIF
output.

/usr/bin/mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -monitoraspect 4:3
-vo xv -ao alsa9 %s

Next, I read in another thread to add additonal
information after alsa.

/usr/bin/mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -monitoraspect 4:3
-vo xv -ao alsa9:emu10k1 %s

Still no sound. Any suggestions?

Also, out of curiosity, considering my hardwared
config. should my sound in MythTV set to /dev/mixer or
/dev/dsp?

Thanks!