[mythtv-users] Updated iulius theme/ usb-xboxir module question

Jason Spencer jspencer at crosslink.net
Mon Dec 8 20:14:24 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm by no means a themer but I saw this theme from a
earlier post and liked it. I updated it with the ui.xml
from blue and made a few changes. A few of the changes are:
- selected menu items are a different size and yellow
- updated a few of the default graphics (epg's, etc)
- more then six items per menu listing

it can be downloaded from http://www.geocities.com/kachaffeous/iulius.tgz
(its geocities so  you may have to type it in your address bar)

Pretty minor changes (like I said I'm no themer). I don't use
all the modules so if something is missing sorry. I'm going
continue messing around with this as I get time. Make the rest of
the windows look like the epg's. If you don't like the yellow selected
highlights you can edit the ui.xml.

Now for the usb-xboxir modules question. The module I have, the
commercial skip keys are logically backwards. To skip forward thru
a commercial you have to hit the rewind key and vice versa. I have
tried to just swap the keybindings via jumppoints but that didn't work
for the xbox front-end (worked on the backend/front-end combo though.)
So the question is: Does anyone have a usb-xboxir modules that is logically
correct? I am currently using Dennis's xbox distro updated for the latest
cvs btw.

One more thing that I found out that is cool. If you have a "One for all
remote" you can use it to control your xbox front-end. Just program it for a
RCA DVD player (possibly work for other remotes too). Although the
commercial skip is backwards on that also. I have tested it OFA remotes 8800
and 8810w both work when programmed as RCA DVD.