[mythtv-users] First stab at mythtv...

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 8 16:13:01 EST 2003

On Monday 08 December 2003 15:54, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On December 8, 2003 07:46 am, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> > > um... At what res and bitrate? I couldn't do a MPEG4 file at
> >
> > Then you're doing something wrong... at what bitrate were you
> > trying to record, and is DMA enabled on the disk you're recording
> > to?  I can do 480x480 at 2200bps MPEG-4 with my 1600+.
>
> Well, its possible it was a DVD rip @ 720x480 (or there abouts)... If
> that has much to do with it,

??? I'm confused... what do you mean a 'DVD Rip'?  Do you mean you had
your Myth recording profile set to DVD-resolution (720x480) MPEG-4?
Granted, that takes more CPU, but your 2400+ should be able to handle
it.  Although, see the recent thread on 'Resolution' to see why it
could be just a waste of CPU to capture at a resolution that high.  Why
not try capturing at a lower resolution to start off, just to make sure
you've got everything configured properly, then if you want you can
start cranking it up to see how much your box can handle.

Oh, also, when posting on this topic it would be helpful to include your
*complete* capture settings (i.e., MPEG-4 720x480 at 3300bpx, MP3 qual. 7,
4mv enabled, hi-qual enabled, etc...)

-JAC