[mythtv-users] no channels in the Database

Markus Amann maamann at arcor.de
Mon Dec 8 14:14:34 EST 2003

Hi all

> > > Where did you get these lines from, they definitely aren't documented
> > > that way and are worng (deliberate misspelling, you can't spell wrong
> > > right and keep it beeing wrong, can you?)
> >
> > see mythfilldatabase --help
>
> There's no '=' in the commands I see there.

mythfilldatabase --help
-------snip-----------
--xawchannels <sourceid> <xawtvrcfile>
   (--manual flag works in combination with this)
   Read channels as defined in xawtvrc file given
   <sourceid>    = cardinput
   <xawtvrcfile> = file to read

> > > use the commands the way they were meant to be used:
> > >
> > > mythfilldatabase --xawchannels 1 /etc/X11/xawtvrc
> > > mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 ./nextview.xml
> > >
> > > Try
> >
> > sorry but these command without success, too.
>
> But you wouldn't mind to tell us what exactly is the output.
>
> "Doesn't work" is not particularly helpful as a bug report.
>
> Torsten

sorry , but no problem here is a short output
home# mythfilldatabase --manual --xawchannels = /etc/X11/xawtvrc
###
### Running in manual channel configuration mode.
### This will ask you questions about every channel.
###
### reading channels from xawtv configfile
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
###
### Existing channel found
###
### xmltvid  = 9Live
### chanid   = 55
### name     = 9Live
### callsign = 9Live
### channum  = E2
### finetune = 0
### icon     =
###
Choose a channel name (any string, long version)  [9Live]
Choose a channel callsign (any string, short version)  [9Live]
Choose a channel number (just like xawtv)  [E2]
Choose a channel fine tune offset (just like xawtv)  [0]
Choose a channel icon image (any path name)
###
### Nothing changed
###
###
### Existing channel found
###
### xmltvid  = Super RTL
### chanid   = 56
### name     = Super RTL
### callsign = 11
### channum  = E3
### finetune = 0
### icon     =
###
------------snip--------
and so on....

next command
home# mythfilldatabase --preset --file xmlfile = ./nextview.xml
###
### Running in preset channel configuration mode.
### This will assign channel preset numbers to every channel.
###
### bypassing grabbers, reading directly from file
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
Adjusting program database end times...
0 replacements made.
----------------------------------
home# mythfrontend
generating cache image for: /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/blank.png
Couldn't save cache image: /root/.mythtv/themecache/blue.304.304/blank.png

connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp'.
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 75
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
rebuffering (57273 128000)
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
rebuffering (105679 128000)
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
--------------------
home# mythbackend
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
Starting up as the master server.
Probed: /dev/video - Television
Probed: /dev/video - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video - Composite3
2003-12-08 20:10:30 adding: macgyver as a player 1
2003-12-08 20:10:30 adding: macgyver as a player 0
2003-12-08 20:10:30 adding: macgyver as a player 0
2003-12-08 20:10:30 adding: macgyver as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
cannot open vbi device
Can't open vbi device: /dev/vbi
strange error flushing buffer ...
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1 Television )
in setup is wrong
Couldn't find any channels in the database, please make sure
your inputs are associated properly with your cards.
Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.
Channel: '' was not found in the database.
Most likely, the default channel set for this input
(1 Television )
in setup is wrong
Couldn't find any channels in the database, please make sure
your inputs are associated properly with your cards.
Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.
Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
Unable to write to client socket, as it's no longer there

OK maybe the last output gives some hints but i have no idea what or where i
have to look into , because i filled the databases .
is there a "force" command to overwrite the values in the database ?

Thanks
	Markus