[mythtv-users] PC freezes on modprobe lirc_sir

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Mon Dec 8 12:22:52 EST 2003

Ok that makes a lot of sense.... for one thing Im not sure which com port
is which..... Do you have a good way of finding that out.
Perhaps I will just try using the other one right now, ill just unplug my
Actysis and plug it in the other port.
That should fix it?  I think I have setserial to use com1 , hoping to guess
it right.
Thanks for the reply

Jon

                      "Dan Berger"
                      <dan at theidiots.org>         To:       "'Discussion about mythtv'" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
                      Sent by:                    cc:
                      mythtv-users-bounces        Subject:  RE: [mythtv-users] PC freezes on modprobe lirc_sir
                      @mythtv.org

                      12/08/2003 10:57 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion about
                      mythtv

This happened to me when I trying to make lirc_sir use the wrong com port.

Make sure your "ttySX" argument in setserial is using the right port. You
also need to make sure it corresponds to your address and IRQ settings
specified in the bios.

For example, if you are calling remote_sir with options "irq=4 io=0x3f8,"
that line should be "setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none" because it is on COM1,
ttyS1 for COM2, etc.

Furthermore, make sure you remove linux's builtin serial funtionality with
rmmod serial before calling setserial.

Hope that helps