[mythtv-users] Developers: Future of MythTV?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at gorpe.com
Mon Dec 8 05:35:51 EST 2003

Ronald Kohsman wrote:

>Is there a DVD-RW archiving in the future? P

That topic just came up on the dev list the other day.  It's an idea
I've been kicking around recently.  Unless someone else steps forward
between now and then I plan on starting on a DVD / CD archiving tool to
allow you to archive your various Myth files to DVD / CD.  Right now I'm
looking to suppport two types of disk: normal DVDs playable in any DVD
player and MythDVDs (more like MythDisks) that contain the media itself
along with it's metadata in a file on the disk.  When a MythDVD is
inserted into a MythTV box the frontend will display a nice selection
menu for you to play them back.