[mythtv-users] One more native ALSA question

ian at duckland.org ian at duckland.org
Sun Dec 7 19:22:55 EST 2003

Okay - so I searched the docs, and I've searched the archives.  And the
only thing I could find that referenced how to enable/use native alsa
supportwas to compile it in, then... nothing.

Would I be safe in assuming that the /dev/adsp[0,1,2,3] devices are the
alsa devices?  The only thing I found that worked was entering
"ALSA:default" in the setup screen.  And that led to slightly choppy
audio.  Card is a SBLive 5.1.  Works fine with mplayer and ogle.  OSS
emulation works just fine.  I've even got mplayer doing ac3 passthrough
working with ogle and mplayer via alsa working just fine.  I just don't
know what to put in the "Setup/General/Audio output device:" field.

??

	-I