[mythtv-users] Sound lag in MythVideo & sound settings not "sticking"

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 12:48:21 EST 2003

Recently started using Mythvideo again after a bare
metal reinstall. I'm getting a severe lag with sound
not keeping up with the video.

I'm running a PVR-250 with a Sound Blaster Audigy
card, running ALSA. This is the first time I've
experienced anything like this with Mythvideo. If it
was MythTV at least there are some settings I could
adjust bitrate wise.

Default Player: mplayer -fs -zoom -vo xv %s

Also, when I reboot my RH9 setup, my sound setting
revert to default which is a pain as I am using the
SPDIF setting. Once again, this is the first time for
something like this to happen afte well over 2 dozen
bare metal reinstalls. In order for me to get that
started again, I have to run gnome-alsamixer and check
off the appropriate box and move the master slider.

Thanks!