[mythtv-users] mythdvd: 5.1 playback?

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Sun Dec 7 10:05:36 EST 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Paul Woodward wrote:

> I have set mine the same as below except -ao alsa9:iec958

That should be fine... I have some funkily named alsa devices as a result
of trying to get Myth to use the digital output.

> I get the following output from mplayer:

> Forced audio codec: hwac3

Can you add a comma after the hwac3 option? That lets mplayer fall back if
there is no AC3 information.

> Checking audio filter chain for 48000Hz/2ch/16bit -> 48000Hz/2ch/8bit...
> [format] Sample format big endian AC3  not yet supported
> Error at audio filter chain pre-init!
> [pl_resample] Input audio format not yet suported.

Gah... I remember seeing something about this error. I suggest checking
the mplayer email archives or Gentoo's forums since a lot of stuff gets
duplicated.

Are you sure the DVD has 5.1 on it? That could also be a problem.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat                                                __ ____
abernat at zathras.net                                         |  | |